HISTORY

The Muzik Family has been proudly serving Lorain and their automobiles for over a half century and through three generations!

Here is The History of Muzik Bros.

 

Muzik2

1942 (Fall) – John C. Muzik begins working at Gulf Service Station at the “loop” on Broadway and E. Erie Ave.

1944 (Fall) – John entered into an agreement with Gulf organization as an operator of the Gulf Service Station

1945 (Fall) – John begins a partnership with his younger brother Joseph upon Joe’s discharge from the U.S. Army at the end of World War II.  Thus begins “Muzik Bros.”

1957 – Brothers John and Joe move their business from E. Erie Ave location to 901 Broadway under the Fleetwing banner which would soon become Sinclair (then in 1968 becomes ARCO)

1973 – The brothers move the business to 13th and Broadway as Muzik Bros. Sunoco. Late in 1973 brother Joseph passes away

1974 – In the spring of ’74 John passes away and the business is purchased by his son Richard (second generation)

1975 – Rich opens an adjunct business just  a short walk from the Sunoco – Muzik Bros. Auto Parts (attached to the former Lorain Glass building). Muzik Bros. Auto Parts would then close in 1976

Muzik Oberlin

1984 – The Muzik Bros. Sunoco property at 13th and Broadway was purchased by the State of Ohio to make way for the railroad underpass and Nardini Bridge making it necessary for Richard to relocate the business to 37th St. and Oberlin Avenue. Richard purchased the Marathon service station at that address from Don Stewart.

2012 – Richard Muzik retires and sells the business to his son John (third generation)

11147854_916006168422425_6206289637820873389_n

2014 – John Muzik sell the 37th and Oberlin Avenue property to Taco Bell and purchases the service garage at 704 W. Erie Ave. on the northeast corner of W. Erie and Washington Ave. from Alan Boroski and continues on with the Muzik Bros. name.